Speech Class:
"Speak boldly, speak without fear, speak knowing that God can use your words to minister to others." Professor Stephanie StaleyAnatomy & Physiology:
(this is for my Uncle Bob...even though he doesn't read this...he always talks about how "such and such isn't good for your pituitary gland" And one time we had a discussion about what it actually does and where it is...and we didn't really know...)*The pituitary gland is an endocrine gland located in the head and is connected to the hypothalamus via the infindibulum stalk. It is divided into two parts, the anterior and posterior. The anterior produces and releases 7 hormones, (hGH, LH, TSH, FSH, PRL, ACTH, and MSH) and the posterior releases two hormones (OT and ADH). For the sake of not boring you further, I will not explain these hormones to you.
Evangelism:
"My life is in Your hands today God. Use me to point someone to You today. I promise to cooperate in anyway I can. If You want me to say a word for You today, I'll do that. If You want me to keep quiet but demonstrate love and servant hood, by Your Spirit's power I will. I'm fully available to You today, so guide me by Your Spirit." Bill Hybels, Just Walk Across the RoomAmerican Thought & Culture:
Ambrose Bierce wrote the Devi's Dictionary, and here are some for the selections from it that I found amusing =)* academy: a modern school where football is taught
* admiration: our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves
* bore: a person who talks when we wish him to listen
* fiddle: an instrument to tickle human ears by friction of a horse's tail on the entrails of a cat
* saint: a dead sinner, revised and edited
To Be Continued...
2 comments:
I love this Lauren! Great post!
p.s. I'm so glad I got to come see you this weekend and watch you play basketball!
Hey Lauren, I can't wait to see you! Love, Linnea
Post a Comment