The above picture is Josie on the first day of third grade =) They had gotten back from Oregon late the night before, so she was very tired! =)Yes this is a camel and yes it is by my campus. Drive less than 5 minutes past the campus and there you find a rich attorney who has a fetish for exotic animals! He has a coupe camels (and a baby one!) and some zebras...and that's all we could see through the fence =) So who knows what else he has! =)

The above pictures are of my dorm from the outside, the lobby in the dorm and my dorm room. My roommate is Kate Tracy a freshman basketball player from Idaho. We roomed together for the basketball camp and then requested to be roommates cause we got a long great! Our dorm is the only co-ed dorm on campus (=() but they are separate wings obviously! It's called "PVG" or Prewitt Van-Gilder.
This is random pictures of class rooms and paths and the gym and chapel...and some of the MANY stairs! The campus is on a hill...so there are A LOT of stairs!We started classes on Wednesday...a lot of homework! So far classes are mostly good. I'm taking Old Testament, Evangelism (probably will be my favorite!), Freshman Seminar, Speech, Anatomy & Physiology and American Thought & Culture (probably my least favorite!).
I've met a great group of girls between the ones in cross-country (Becca, Courtney, Jen, Alethea, Grace, Josilyn, Amy, Kaitlyn, Becca S., & Mel), my roommate Kate, Claire and Rian from my freshman seminar (core group), and Emilee and Kyra (from Montana!!!), so that has been a huge blessing!
Cross-country is going great! The coach thought I would really benefit the team but after watching me practice he said I'll do even better for them than he thought! And the girls are so nice! We had a girl-team bonding time tonight where they lead us in prayer and gave us our uniforms and cute team bracelets =) We also have an encouragement partner that we have to do special encouraging things for throughout the season! I love the dynamics of our girls team =) We have our first meet tomorrow, but it's pretty casual. It's at our campus and only one other school (Warner Pacific) is coming. And I guess we're gonna "team" run it anyway, so it won't really be an all out race...
Chapel this morning was really neat... We had it outside and it was a worship chapel with verses shared for you to reflect on. They also asked us to reflect on what God has been doing in our lives for the past couple years and that was incredible to think about! God has been doing some amazing things...and the most amazing thing is He isn't even finished yet!
Well I've got to go to homework now =)
1 comment:
Sounds and looks awesome!!! Keep these posts coming I love staying connected!!
Post a Comment