fellow initiated freshmen (and one first timer sophomore) from L to R: Heidi, Jackie, me, Kaitlyn, and Becca (there are two other freshmen girls not pictured: Mel & Grace)
Cross Country Initiation!! Yay!! We were expecting a morning practice at 6:30am, but at 5:36am I wake up to a cell phone shining in my face a a girl crawling over me saying, "Get up get up you're late for practice!" Looking at the clock, I knew I wasn't late...and it hit me...INITIATION!! We were herded down to the parking lot, blindfolded, taken in a car, dropped off on the side of the road, and told to run back to school (of course they removed the blindfolds!) Thankfully, the pointed us in the right direction! =) It was about a half hour run, and it's actually kinda fun and pretty to run so early in the morning!
Once we got back to school they made us breakfast =) and we received our outfits that we have to wear ALL DAY! A bag to carry, a crown and a t-shirt that they cut into weird shapes! My shirt says "Princess of the baller kingdom." It's actually make me laugh to see all the weird looks people give me, or to walk into class and hear the teacher say, "Our princess has arrived!" Haha
Now I am officially on the Corban Warrior's Women's Cross Country Team!
PS: I wore a t-shirt under my initiation shirt all day...in the picture though I'm wearing my swim suit because I had just changed to get ready for practice, which is aqua jogging =)
2 comments:
That's so great! I wish they did something like that for us...
I'm surprised they don't! It's actually fun and special...like for basketball last year they ended it in a candle light ceremony in the locker room where they presented the jersyes!
Post a Comment