Ok so I had this all in three separate paragraphs because it's about three separate events, but everytime I post it, they all combine into one!! So sorry about the confusion, I do know how to write, my computer is just a butt.... Anyway... So I really love this picture =) It's Kate, me and Monz after our shopping/studying day at the Woodburn Outlet mall! We had a blast! All of us our wearing new Roxy sweatshirts that we got for sweet prices! =) Woodburn is a good meeting place because it's about half way between Monz and I! =) I love to see Monz and I love to hang out with my roomie =) I love them both! =)Today was Church at the Park again and it was awesome! I've really connected with two woman, Christene and Crystal. Which you could pray for both of them. I know specifically that Christene has voiced that she's having a rough time and I've even hugged and prayed with her while she's cried. And Crystal seems to need prayer just as much. But it's awesome to connect with these women and just love them and be their friend! As I left today Christene told me with tears in her eyes that God had brought me to the church for a reason...which really humbled me!
And the homeless people are so giving! They have almost nothing, yet every week someone comes with little treasures they've found and gives them away to someone else just because they know it's something that the other person would love! They have next to nothing yet they still give and think of others! Today Tammie, another woman I've connected with, put a purple plastic girl's bracelet on my wrist. I'm definitely going to be wearing it all the time because it is a great reminder of the servant heart!
Jason and I have also decided to memorize a verse together every week, so he picked our first one, it's 2 Corinthians 12:9 "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." I love that we're memorizing verses together =)
3 comments:
Hi Lauren! It sounds like you are doing so well! I knew you would and am glad to hear it. I just wanted to let you know that we all miss you and are praying for you. I'm glad you are blogging so we can keep up with you and the kids love to see the pics! It sounds like the ministry you're involved in is a perfect fit for you. What a blessing for you and everyone who gets to know your sweet heart!
What a great idea to memorize scripture together!! I love your heart and Jason's too.
That's so awesome Lauren! That's crazy, I just read that verse the other day and posted it on facebook!! I love that verse :)
Post a Comment