When I say..."I am a Christian" I am not shouting "I'm clean living,"
I'm whispering "I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven.
When I say..."I am a Christian" I don't speak of this out of pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say..."I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say..."I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success,
I'm admitting I've failed and need God to clean up my mess.
When I say..."I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect;
My flaws are far to visible, but God believes I'm worth it.
When I say..."I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain;
I have my shares of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say..."I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace somehow!
"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So...this is my new bike!!! It's a Marin Kentfield FS and it's actually dark gray...it's really sweet!! Thanks so much mom and ...
-
Here we are already a week into chapter 2 of forever! It's amazing how time flies and how many things can happen in one year! Our first ...
-
I'm in love with this guy... Ya Him. He makes my heart swell with love. I'm so thankful we can work together on our marriage. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment