Josie has been soo full of cute and memorable moments lately...plus I'm totally soaking them all up because starting Sunday the "moments" together will be much fewer!
If you read the last "Just Josie" you would have started to get a picture of how excited Josie is when I stay at my parents house. It really makes her day. Every time I'm there she asks how long I'm gonna stay, and if I'm gonna stay forever. I melts my heart, and it hurts it too, because I know I won't be right there in that house with her forever. Last night I spent the night there in her and Heidi's room. She was so.excited. that the "three sisters" were having a sleepover! It was precious. Before we fell asleep she said it was time to pray. So I asked her to pray that my car would be fixed. She said, "Oh Lauren, you can take Heidi's car." Then turned to Heidi and said, "Heidi, can Lauren take your car?" It was cute how she tried to problem solve right away!
Also my parents have been wrestling with how to discipline her. Spankings don't really bring a change of heart to her plus she absolutely hates them, to the point of screaming and struggling to get out of my dad's arms. Of course he doesn't want to spank her if it's going to do this to her and not even change her heart. So they tried a new approach yesterday. They made a list of things she has to do before she can have a snack (pickle & chips). This list is:
1. Eat breakfast
2. Get ready (brush hair, get dressed, etc)
3. Eat lunch
4. Be obedient
So yesterday my dad was home at lunch time with her. She asked him for a pickle and chips. He got out the list to see if she had followed it. Since she hadn't had lunch yet, he got something together for her and she scarfed it down as fast as she could. Then she again asked for a pickle and chips. He told her, "Josie, I heard from Heidi that you didn't obey on the first time when you went out with her, so that means you can choose a spanking and then a pickle and chips, or just no pickle and chips." She chose a spanking. Her only request was that he didn't spank hard! Then she laid cooperatively in his lap. Afterwards she was soft hearted and even apologized. Then she got her pickle and chips! Obviously she will do anything for those!
I definitely will miss that girl. And I love her with all my heart. I had a lot of good sister time yesterday! Including a wonderful lunch date with Heidi. I love both my sisters sooo much. (And of course my brother too.)
"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."
Friday, August 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So...this is my new bike!!! It's a Marin Kentfield FS and it's actually dark gray...it's really sweet!! Thanks so much mom and ...
-
I am even getting paid to go through this bridal boot camp! Here's what week 2 (aka this week) should end up looking like (as long as I ...
-
Here we are already a week into chapter 2 of forever! It's amazing how time flies and how many things can happen in one year! Our first ...
No comments:
Post a Comment