{continued from where I left off...part 1 and part 2}
Saturday night finished up with dinner at Lolo Creek Steakhouse and included a surprise "party" for Jason's birthday. After the steakhouse, it was my turn to share a devo with the girls. At this point, even after praying since Wednesday, I still hadn't been inspired with what to share. At least I thought... I was expecting to share your typical devo where you read a verse and talk about it, or you talk on a topic...you get the point. Saturday evening though I realized God was showing me what to share - He wanted me to confess. And to admit that I didn't have it all together. So I did. I told the girls about the week and about how I struggled. It was healing!
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
When people ask how the trip went, I tell them it didn't go how I pictured or planned. But I'm so thankful it went the way it did, because God taught me a lot!
{The End...but I will try to post pics eventually!!}
"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So...this is my new bike!!! It's a Marin Kentfield FS and it's actually dark gray...it's really sweet!! Thanks so much mom and ...
-
Here we are already a week into chapter 2 of forever! It's amazing how time flies and how many things can happen in one year! Our first ...
-
I'm in love with this guy... Ya Him. He makes my heart swell with love. I'm so thankful we can work together on our marriage. ...
2 comments:
great blog, lauren! so glad you are back sharing your life with us! This is by far one of the most honest series of blogs I have seen you post! I know the Lord is glorified through your openness and honesty! IT is truly awesome to see him working in your life!
I appreciate the comment Kate! Being open and honest is part of the healing process I believe! Plus I need to document it somehow so that I can remember what God has done!
Post a Comment