"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Roll with the Punches

There's been a lot of that lately - just rolling with the punches... Or the other way I like to look at it is - there's nothing God can't handle.

This week, and especially Saturday, was one of those "just roll with it" kinda weeks. Early in the week we suddenly found out some interesting information from the managers at our wedding location. There were new fees, policies, and they seemed less than excited about the number (165) of our guest list, when previously they had seemed welcoming and willing. Um, hello!! 16 before the wedding is NOT a good time to surprise us! My mom and I were pretty anxious, but I was trying to just roll with it. We feared they were getting "cold feet" and might close the doors completely...but we tried not to think about it. My dad called, they didn't answer or call back. My dad emailed, they didn't email back. Then on Thursday night at 10pm, they finally called back. It was a quick phone call. He said everything was great, nothing was changed, everything was a go. WHAT?! How could it go from being so bad to perfectly fine?? I'm still not even sure, but I do know that nothing happens that God can't handle!

Then on Saturday I was supposed to get my nails done at 8am, run errands and go to the bank at 10am, get my hair done from 11-12, and be at my bridal photo shoot by 1pm. I get to the clinic, where Britten was gonna do my nails, and Heidi is also working as the second receptionist. Well the first receptionist is suddenly very sick and has to go to the hospital, leaving Heidi alone. I tried to pitch in a bit, but I had places to be, so I couldn't stay long. The clinic doesn't close till 12 on Saturdays, and Heidi was supposed to help me get ready for the photo shoot. Now being the only one, chances were slim she'd get out in time to help. On my way back to get my hair done I get a phone call from them moving my appointment back 15 minutes. So I just pop over to help Heidi again at the clinic. I also call and move my photo shoot back 30 mins because I know there is no way we will now get there one time. I finally head to get my hair done, and then go back to the clinic to help Heidi finish up. We scramble to go as fast as we can, rush home, lace up my dress and get in the car, already late for my moved back photo shoot. I put my make-up on in the car! Thankfully my photographer is gracious and the weather also cooperated (the hour and a half of my photo shoot was the nicest weather all day!) I had a blast, felt so pretty, and really felt like a "bride." Although a lot of things happened that day that could have been extremely stressful, I was telling Heidi how you have to stay positive and "just roll with it," since the only thing you can control is your reaction or attitude to circumstances. I actually enjoyed the day, even though it was crazy!

I'm thankful to God for being in control and for already blessing our marriage. I'm thankful to Heidi for being tough and rocking the receptionist roll AND the maid of honor roll! I'm thankful to Britten for doing my nails...they look so awesome! I'm thankful to Krista for doing my hair...her suggestions and adaptations made my "bride look" better than I ever pictured! And I'm thankful to Jess and Booba for the fun time taking pictures!

Less than two more weeks!!!

1 comment:

Tom & Carrie Johnson said...

Wow Lauren, that could have all just been a huge disaster! Praise God for working it out and for the attitude you chose to have through it all!

Popular Posts

Books To Read