"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."

Friday, July 8, 2011

Anonymous Blessing

Jason and I were really stressed, I mean really stressed, about the groomsmen situation for Friday night. In fact, it might have caused a bit of frustration and conflict. You see, my mom had graciously paid for one hotel room at the Hawthorne for the guys on the Friday night before our wedding. This was super convenient because it's within 5 miles of the wedding cite, and all the guys could stay together (fun!). But there would be a total of 9 guys needing to sleep that night, and the hotel wouldn't allow that many in one room. So we could get a second one, but we had no clue how we would pay for it! If we canceled both rooms then the guys couldn't all stay togther (they'd stay and get ready at their own houses), which was never how I pictured it going! Plus, I wanted my getting ready photos. We kept going back and forth...get just the one room and make a few guys stay somewhere else -- but that's rude!!...get the two rooms -- but who will pay??!!...get no rooms -- but where will they stay?? Will there be getting ready pictures??

Most of these conversations took place at 11pm at night (tip: don't have stressful conversations at 11pm at night) or threw text while we were both at work (tip: don't have text conversations about something super stressful). As you can guess, this had become a heavy burden on our shoulders. All of the sudden I got a new text:

"There is an extra room reserved and paid for at the hawthorne for groomsmen as a wedding gift for the bride and groom..."

It was from a number I didn't have in my phone, and I, nor anyone else, still don't know who it was. But I thank God for anonymous blessings, and since the person was so humble as to send an anonymous gift, I'm going to brag about them on my blog.

Dear Anonymous Giver,
THANK YOU! As you can tell, you relieved a HUGE burden on our shoulders. We were already feeling silly for being so frustrated over something so small, but your text brought so much peace to the situation and our hearts. Thank you so much.

Popular Posts

Books To Read