"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Didn't Want to Go...

Today I went to the homeless church...but I didn't want to go. Nika couldn't come with me, and I hadn't gone in about a month because of break, so I was a little bit...nervous. I wanted to sleep in. I had homework. But for some reason I didn't ignore that little voice that said "just go." So I went. Then I found myself sitting in the service and I was wondering "why am I here?" I wasn't leading worship. Tammy wasn't there, and neither was Christene. So I didn't see why it was so important that I came. Soon though, I found out why I was there. Christene did come. And she needed my friendship, just like always. We got to talk and hug and I shared a Bible verse with her. Her life is so broken, it really breaks my heart. I wanna do something for her, but there probably isn't anything I can do besides pray. And I want you guys to pray for her too. Pray that she can have healing, strength, and joy. Her life is more broken than I will ever know.

1 comment:

Monica Hartzell said...

I'm so encouraged by your obedience to God's voice! I will be praying for Christene...I can't imagine how hard her life must be.

Popular Posts

Books To Read