Heyya I'm kinda back! The break was good for me. So good. Even though I took a break from the Internet, I still found myself just as busy. And I'm not gonna lie, I did cheat a few times here and there, but not too much. I don't know how I got everything done before though! I definitely will be keeping my time online to a minimum, and keeping it to task oriented things. and making sure it's after my homework and time with God. I did miss blogging a lot though. It's such a great way for me to connect with people and share my thoughts. Plus I look at it as a journal of sorts!
Sometimes though, I think about giving it all up completely. Especially after reading this article in Reader's Digest about modern technology and how addicting it is, and about how it can add but also take away from your life. The family in the article gave up all technology for 6 months!! I think they still had landlines or limited cell phone use, and the kids could go to the library to do homework (and thus use the Internet there). Sometimes I think I should at least do that. But also I don't really want to (smile). Maybe I'll just participate in periodic "24 hr technology fasts." And I'm definitely going to be more aware of my cell phone time, for example not using it at the dinner table and keeping it very limited when I'm with people. I also want to make sure my Internet time is task centered and not put before God or homework, etc.
Life has been good in these days. I have a lot I want to post about! But right now I'd better go to bed. It's my last night before going back to school. It's going to get even worse (as in busier and more stressful) from here on out though. I'm very anxious about it! For example, next week on Monday and Tuesday I have track and then work from 6-11pm, Wednesday I have track and then youth group from 6-9:30pm, and Thursday I have track and then Alethea's bachelorette party at 6pm. Mind you I also have to get up at 6am 4 mornings a week. Plus I have two tests, a paper, an outline, and other small assignments due. And I have bigger tests and assignments coming up! It's gonna be a tough 6 weeks of school. But God is good and faithful.
Hopefully I'll get to blog more later.
"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So...this is my new bike!!! It's a Marin Kentfield FS and it's actually dark gray...it's really sweet!! Thanks so much mom and ...
-
Here we are already a week into chapter 2 of forever! It's amazing how time flies and how many things can happen in one year! Our first ...
-
I'm in love with this guy... Ya Him. He makes my heart swell with love. I'm so thankful we can work together on our marriage. ...
1 comment:
Good to hear from you, I have missed your blogging for sure. I have joined the Facebook world and definitely prefer the blog over Facebook. Glad the green beans turned out good and everyone enjoyed, Tom will be happy to hear that.
Post a Comment