...and I could say a lot... To start with, this has been the perfect time to give up my blog, because I have been overloaded with homework. I've spent many nights up till 2am...and most of the last couple of weekends just doing solid homework. I'm constantly sleepy and struggling to stay awake in class =/ and in chapel...and in church. =/ So that's been a bit discouraging. Also my legs have been so strong for out track workouts Monday - Wednesday, but Thursday and the rest of the week they are burned out!! So I'm trying to figure that one out as well... =/
I have been learning and growing a lot through all this though! I'd love to write it all here but it's a lot and it's hard when you don't know the exact context. I am learning one big thing though: the definition of freedom - is love. I'm learning to bask and rejoice and dwell in the freedom of being loved by God. This is a love that nothing can separate me from! This is a love that works all things for good! Because of this love nothing can harm me. Even when things seem "bad" in my perspective, they are being worked for good. Thus I am more than a conqueror! This is a love that allows me to make mistakes and still be loved. This is a love that pours out grace into my life. This is a love that says sin has no dominion over me. This is a love that gives me the Holy Spirit as a helper. This is a love that brings me freedom! On a smaller scale, the love Jason has for me brings me freedom as well. He has been so gracious and patient and understanding in these weeks of overwhelming homework. These weeks mean I am stressed and more prone to worrying or misunderstanding...but he is patient and steadfast to encourage me and help me grow. These weeks mean shorter conversations and limited skype dates, but he encourages me to get my homework done first. His love gives me the freedom to be me. To be stressed, to be weak, to make mistakes. To be growing, to be happy, to be content. God has been teaching me great things. And He has given me a great blessing named Jason Paul Koemans.
Later tonight I'll write about my track meet from this weekend!
"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So...this is my new bike!!! It's a Marin Kentfield FS and it's actually dark gray...it's really sweet!! Thanks so much mom and ...
-
Here we are already a week into chapter 2 of forever! It's amazing how time flies and how many things can happen in one year! Our first ...
-
I'm in love with this guy... Ya Him. He makes my heart swell with love. I'm so thankful we can work together on our marriage. ...
2 comments:
Lauren,
You are So right about God's amazing all consuming love. I am so glad you are being touched by HIs perfect hand in your life. I pray He will give you His undeniable peace and that he would take away every stress of your life.
In His love,
Kate
Great post Lauren!!
Post a Comment