As I listened to the Trace Atkins song "You're Gonna Miss This" today, and as I scroll through the pictures on my blog, or feel Josie run up, put her arms around me, bury her head in my side and say, "I love you Lauren," I want to grow up less and less. I realize how much my life will change in August, as I move to Salem OR and leave behind 18 years of my life. Sure, my loved ones will always be in my heart and the memories are burned in my head. And I can come back to visit anytime. But, I will be there, and they will be here. It's no longer just walking up the stairs or a five minute drive. Its 13 or more hours. Its at these times when I have to remember to trust God, and His incredibly amazing plans.
"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, of everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
Philippians 4:6-7 (the Message)
"In our lives, be lifted high. In our world, be lifted high. In our love, be lifted high."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So...this is my new bike!!! It's a Marin Kentfield FS and it's actually dark gray...it's really sweet!! Thanks so much mom and ...
-
Here we are already a week into chapter 2 of forever! It's amazing how time flies and how many things can happen in one year! Our first ...
-
I'm in love with this guy... Ya Him. He makes my heart swell with love. I'm so thankful we can work together on our marriage. ...
1 comment:
I feel the same way! It's all happening so fast. I want these last four months here to last forever, but at the same time I'm really excited to move on. I'm so glad we will be next to each other though!
Post a Comment